GretaBean occasionally features affiliate links and sponsored posts. For example, if you click on an affiliate link on our website and/or social media platforms (Facebook and/or Instagram) and make a purchase, we may receive a commission from that purchase. Any sponsored or contributed posts or blogs will be labeled as such. These commissions help keep our website operating, so we can continue to provide top-notch content for free.
All blog posts are created exclusively by and for GretaBean. If you are interested in re-posting any of our material, please link directly to GretaBean. If you have questions, please contact [email protected].
Any unkind comments and/or spam posted on the blog will be deleted without notice.
Consideration and Your Compliance with this Agreement
Our Services Are Not Intended for Children
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If we learn that we have inadvertently gathered personal information from a child under 13, we will take reasonable measures to promptly remove that information from our records.
Your Access and Use of Our Services
Your access and use of our Services may be interrupted from time to time for any of several reasons, including the malfunction of equipment, periodic updating, maintenance or repair of our Services or other actions that we may, in our sole discretion, elect to take. We may suspend or discontinue the availability of our Services or any portion or feature of our Services at any time in our sole discretion and without prior notice to you. We will not be liable if, for any reason, all or any part of our Services are unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to all or any part of our Services by users.
Your Information and Security
You Must Maintain the Security of Any Password Issued to You. If our Services require you to create a password to use certain portions of our Services, or use a password you have created with a third party, then it is your sole responsibility to maintain the security of that password. We will not be liable for any loss that you may suffer as a result of the authorized or unauthorized use of your password by a third party. You will not allow any minor to use our Services via your registration or password. We have the right to disable any user name, password or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by us, at any time in our sole discretion for any or no reason, including if, in our sole opinion, you have violated any provision of this Agreement.
You Must Notify Us of a Breach. You will immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password, any unauthorized use of any account that you may have with us, any violation of this Agreement, or any other breach of security known to you in connection with any product or service available on or through our Services by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You Must Comply with this Agreement and All Applicable Law. You will comply with the terms of this Agreement and all applicable local, state, national and international laws, regulations or rules. You will not submit to our Services any User Generated Content (as defined below) or other material that is contrary to this Agreement (including the Community Standards described below) or to applicable local, state, national or international laws, regulations or rules.
These community standards apply to any and all access or use of our Services and User Generated Content. All access or use of our Services and User Generated Content must, in its entirety, comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws, ordinances and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, your access and use of our Services and User Generated Content must not:
- Contain or promote any material that is trade libelous, unlawfully threatening, unlawfully harassing, defamatory, obscene, explicit or vulgar, or otherwise injurious to us or third parties or that infringes on our or any third party’s rights of publicity or privacy;
- Promote, contain or cause sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age, color, pregnancy, national origin, handicap, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law;
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person (including our rights);
- Contain or promote any material that is false, inaccurate or misleading;
- Represent or promote a personal opinion as that of GretaBean, or, to the extent you have an affiliation with us, represent or promote a personal opinion without disclosing your affiliation and including a disclaimer that your views do not represent our views (for instance, “the views in this posting reflect my personal views and do not represent the views of GretaBean”);
- Circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network or account;
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act;
- Involve, contain or cause commercial advertisements or solicitations, including contests, sweepstakes, other sales promotions, barter or advertising, without our prior written consent, which consent may be withheld in our sole discretion;
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- Stalk, harass or harm another person;
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization;
- Involve or contain federally trademarked or copyrighted information without our prior written permission;
- Contain, constitute or transmit chain letters, mass mailings, political campaigning or any form of “spam”; or
- Contain, transmit or cause any viruses, worms, Trojan horses, trap doors, back doors, easter eggs, time bombs, cancelbots or other code or computer programming routines that encompass contaminating or destructive properties or that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
If you are unsure about the appropriateness of any access or use of our Services, or User Generated Content related to any of our Services, you must refrain from such access or use, or from posting or communicating any such User Generated Content, until you receive express prior written approval from us.
Transmissions, Submissions and Postings to Our Services
If you transmit, submit or post information to our Services (including User Generated Content) that is not federally trademarked or copyrighted, you automatically grant us and our assigns the worldwide, fully-paid, royalty-free, exclusive right and license to use, copy, format, adapt, publish, distribute, create derivative works from, or incorporate any or all such information in any media whatsoever, including the Content (as defined below). Provided that you have obtained prior written permission from us to transmit, submit or post information to our Services that is federally trademarked or copyrighted, you automatically grant us and our assigns the worldwide, fully-paid, royalty-free right to use, copy, format, adapt, publish, distribute, create derivative works from or incorporate any or all such information in any media whatsoever, including the Content. You also hereby grant each user of our Services a non-exclusive license to access your User Generated Content through the Services, and to use, reproduce, distribute and display such User Generated Content as permitted through the functionality of the Services and under this Agreement. The above licenses granted by you are perpetual and irrevocable.
You are solely responsible for all your transmissions, submissions or postings (for example, your own User Generated Content) and the consequences of transmitting, submitting or posting them. We assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, submissions or postings by you or any other user or third party.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to:
- Take any action with respect to any User Generated Content that we deem necessary or appropriate, in our sole discretion, including removal of any User Generated Content if we believe, in our sole opinion, that such User Generated Content violates this Agreement, infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any person or entity, threatens the personal safety of users of our Services or the public or could create liability for us.
- Take appropriate legal action, including referral to law enforcement for any illegal or unauthorized use of our Services.
- Terminate or suspend your access to all or part of our Services for any or no reason, including any violation of this Agreement.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through our Services. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD US (AND OUR AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS) HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF THEIR INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
Our Intellectual Property Rights
Our Services and their entire contents, features and functionality (including all information, text, software, displays, images, video, audio names, graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names, and the design, selection and arrangement of the foregoing) are owned by us, our licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States or international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws (collectively, the “Proprietary Marks”). You may not use the Proprietary Marks without our prior express written permission, which permission may be withheld in our sole discretion. We make no proprietary claim to any third-party names, trademarks or service marks appearing on or within our Services. Any third-party names, trademarks and service marks are property of their respective owners.
The information, advice, data, software and content viewable on, contained in or downloadable from our Services (collectively, the “Content”), including all text, graphics, charts, pictures, photographs, videos, images, line art, icons and renditions, are copyrighted or trademarked by, or otherwise licensed to, us or our Content suppliers. We also own a copyright of a collective work in the selection, coordination, arrangement, presentation, display and enhancement of the Content (the “Collective Work”). All software used on or within our Services is our property or the property of our software vendors and is protected by United States and international copyright laws. Viewing, reading, printing, downloading or otherwise using the Content or the Collective Work does not entitle you to any ownership or intellectual property rights to the Content (including the software) or the Collective Work.
You are solely responsible for any damages resulting from your infringement of our or any third-party’s intellectual property rights regarding the Proprietary Marks, the Content (including the software), the Collective Work or any other harm incurred by us as a direct or indirect result of your copying, distributing, redistributing, transmitting, publishing or using the Proprietary Marks, the Content (including the software) or the Collective Work for purposes that are contrary to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Your Use of the Content
Subject to your compliance with this Agreement, and subject to and without limiting any additional and applicable terms and conditions regarding the use of certain Content, we grant you a limited license to access, print, download or otherwise make personal use of the Content and the Collective Work in the form of: (i) one machine-readable copy; (ii) one backup copy; and (iii) one print copy, in each case solely for your non-commercial use; provided, however, that you will not delete any proprietary notices or materials with regard to the foregoing manifestations of the Content and the Collective Work. You may not (a) modify the Content or the Collective Work; (b) utilize the Content or the Collective Work for any commercial purpose or any other public display, performance, sale or rental; (c) decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble the Content and the Collective Work; or (d) transfer the Content or the Collective Work to another person or entity.
Except as otherwise permitted under the copyright laws of the United States, no other copying, distribution, redistribution, transmission, publication or use, other than as expressly permitted by this Agreement, is permitted by you without our prior written permission, which may be withheld in our sole discretion. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing our name or trademarks, or provide links to or frame our Services, without our prior written permission, which may be withheld in our sole discretion.
Access and Interference
You will not use any robot, spider, scraper, deep link or other similar automated data gathering or extraction tools, program, algorithm or methodology to access, acquire, copy or monitor our Services or any portion of our Services or for any other purpose, without our prior written permission, which may be withheld in our sole discretion. Additionally, you will not: (i) take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (ii) copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute or publicly display any Content or Collective Work (except for Your Information) from our Services without our prior written permission, which may be withheld in our sole discretion, and the permission of the appropriate third party, as applicable; (iii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of our Services or any activities conducted on our Services; or (iv) bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to our Services. We may, without prior notice to you, immediately disconnect your access to and use of our Services if you interfere or disrupt our Services.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we grant the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from our Services for the sole purpose of, and solely to the extent necessary, creating publicly available search indices of the materials on or within our Services, but not caches or archives of such materials. We may revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases. You will not collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from our Services. Other than as expressly provided by this Agreement, you will not solicit for commercial purposes any users of our Services via image, video, text or any other method without our prior written consent, which may be withheld in our sole discretion.